Hello Fall!!! I'm officially in love with anything pumpkin flavored. I'm embarrassed to admit that I've only recently started cooking with pumpkin...and I have been missing out. Luckily, that dry spell is over. This recipe is great for the waffle maker. Most vegan pancakes tend to be dense and the waffle maker gives it a bit more of a fluffy texture. I left out baking powder on purpose from the recipe because you can make them taste great without it. Add any fruit or maple syrup that you have on hand as a topping.
2 flax eggs*
1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour*
3 tbsp of turbinado sugar*
1/4 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of nutmeg
1/4 cup of pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp of non-dairy milk
1) Combine flour, salt, sugar and spices in a bowl. Mix well.
2) Add flax eggs, pumpkin puree and non-dairy milk. Mix well.
3) Cook in small batches in waffle maker.
* Additional notes
- Mix 2 tbsp of flax seed with 6 tbsp of water and let it stand for 10 mins while preparing the rest of the mix
- Instead of whole wheat you can also use whole wheat pastry flour
- Instead of turbinado sugar you can use maple syrup or other organic cane sugar
- Add 1/4 tsp of baking powder for a little fluffier texture.