Add this recipe to your menu this week. It's such a delicious combination of sesame seeds and nutty flavors. Plus, it's bok choy! A superfood packed with vitamin A and calcium.
3/4 cups of vegetable broth (divided)
pinch of chili pepper flakes
1 garlic clove sliced
2 heaping tbsp of nut butter (of your choice)
4-6 baby bok choy, chopped into quarters
2 1/2 tbsp of sesame seeds
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp of low sodium tamari/ Braggs amino acids
2 tsp blackstrap molasses
3 tbsp of vegetable broth
1) Dry sauté sesame seeds until they turn slightly brown. Let them cool. Once cool, mix in the remaining sauce ingredients. Set aside.
2) In a sauce pan heat 2 tbsp of vegetable sauce. Add sliced garlic and pinch of chili pepper flakes. Sauté for about 1 min.
3) Add nut butter. Keep adding broth to dilute the nut butter to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan. The nut butter should be liquid.
4) Add the boy choy and mix well. Cook until the boy choy is tender. All leaves should be translucent in the thickest area of the white section.
5) Pour the sauce over the bok choy when it's done cooking. Serve over a bed of rice, or another grain of choice.