4 heaping cups cauliflower florets (1 small/medium cauliflower)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup of non dairy milk of choice (also try using broth)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon onion powder or 1 additional sautéed onion
1/4-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 additional fresh sautéed garlic
3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or to taste
1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
Pasta of choice (I used one (7-oz) bag of Explore Asian Mung Bean pasta)
Choose your favorite toppings, I used pine nuts and fresh tomatoes (the choices are endless: sautéed mushrooms, zucchini, etc)
1) Place cauliflower florets in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a low boil. Once boiling, cook for another 3-7 minutes until fork tender. Drain.
2) Meanwhile, broth sauté the minced garlic (and fresh onion if using it instead of onion powder) over low heat for 4-5 minutes until softened but not browned.
3) In a high speed blender, add the cauliflower, sauteed garlic, milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Blend until a super smooth sauce forms.
4) Cook your pasta according to package instructions. Drain pasta.
5) Add cauliflower sauce into the pot (you can use the same pot) and add the drained pasta. Heat over low-medium until heated.
6) Plate and add your favorite toppings.