The only problem with these bars is they are gone as soon as you make them. The crust for these puppies are a great base for any extras you may want to add.
1 cup of nuts (used 1/3 c each of walnuts, almonds, cashews)
4 soft medjool dates, depitted
1/3 cup of dark chocolate chips
1 tbsp. of coconut flakes
1) Grind the nuts in a blender. Mold in the dates until the mixture becomes clumpy.
2) Place a piece of plastic wrap on a cutting board and form the nut mixture into a thin flat sheet. Place in the refrigerator to firm up. This should only take about 10 mins.
3) While you are waiting for the nuts to firm up, melt chocolate chips in a metal bowl over boiling water. Take the nuts out of the refrigerator and pour chocolate on top.
3) Sprinkle with coconut flakes. Cut into small pieces.
4) Refrigerate until ready to eat.